The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Check out all of our offseason previews here.
- The Yankees have traded Bryan Mitchell and Headley to the Padres.
- Shocker: The Yankees have preliminary interest in both Michael Fulmer and Patrick Corbin, which is fancy talk for Brian Cashman shrugging and going, “meh, if I’m bored.”
- The Rockies and Cardinals are both aggressively pursuing Alex Colome.
- The Twins have signed Michael Pineda to a 2-year deal.
- The Rockies have signed Jake McGee to a 3-year deal.
- The Mets have signed Anthony Swarzak to a 2-year deal.
- The Padres now have traction in Eric Hosmer talks, but do they have the money?
- Both the Nationals and Phillies are officially in on Jake Arrieta.
- The Padres have traded Ryan Schimpf to the Rays.
- Is something brewing for the young slugger? The Nationals and Bryce Harper had preliminary extension talks yesterday.
- How the tables have turned. The Astros are interested in Yu Darvish.
- The Rockies are pretty optimistic on re-signing America’s favorite comeback kick, Greg Holland.
- The Cardinals have signed Luke Gregerson to a 2-year deal.
- The Phillies are in talks with Addison Reed.
- The Padres and Rangers are now both in on Carlos Santana.
- The Cardinals and Rockies are now both in on Wade Davis.
- What a trifecta: The Angels, Giants and Mets are all in on Todd Frazier.
- The Red Sox, amongst others are set to meet with J.D. Martinez.
- The Cardinals and Blue Jays have discussed Josh Donaldson and it appears they both agree he’s a lovely young man.
- No slowing the Cash Man down now. The Yankees are interested in Gerrit Cole.
- The Cardinals aren’t slowing down anytime soon. St. Louis has traded Stephen Piscotty to the Athletics.
- The Padres are focused on Zack Cozart and Freddy Galvis.
- The Giants and Reds are now discussing Billy Hamilton.
- Another one in the books: the Cubs have signed Drew Smyly to a 2-year deal.
- The Rangers and Diamondbacks are discussing Zack Greinke.
- The Marlins have traded Marcell Ozuna to the Cardinals while somewhere, in the distance, Christian Yelich screams.
- The Angels have acquired Ian Kinsler from the Tigers.
- Good news moves fast, I suppose. The Orioles and Mets are discussing a potential Matt Harvey deal.
- The Mariners have signed Juan Nicasio to a 2-year deal.
- The Mets, Rockies, Blue Jays, and Mariners are all in on Jay Bruce. Bet you never thought you’d read that sentence.
- Surprise, surprise: Multiple teams have made offers for Manny Machado.
- The Phillies have signed Tommy Hunter to a 2-year deal.
- The Astros have signed Joe Smith to a 2-year deal.
- Trouble in paradise or just a blip in the road? Angels’ Shohei Ohtani has a damaged UCL, everyone please remain calm.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2013, the Mets sign Bartolo Colon to a two-year, $20 million deal. Bless them for it.