The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Check out all of our offseason previews here.
- Here’s the latest on the Yankees’ pursuit of Gerrit Cole.
- Orioles’ Zach Britton will miss 4-6 months with a ruptured Achilles tendon. That good ol’ Baltimore Orioles luck.
- Marlins’ J.T. Realmuto has expressed that he wants to be traded, because duh?
- MLB officials reportedly complained to ESPN after Dan Le Batard’s Rob Manfred interview.
- The Giants have acquired Evan Longoria from the Rays.
- Ex-MLB Advanced Media executive was reportedly forced out due to workplace misconduct.
- The Astros are reportedly meeting with Yu Darvish.
- The Diamondbacks have signed Japanese closer Yoshihisa Hirano to a 2-year deal.
- The Nationals have signed Matt Adams.
- Tim Lincecum is planning a comeback and we’re so here for it.
- The Giants really think they can contend in 2018, and it’s adorable.
- The Cubs are reportedly meeting with Yu Darvish.
- One stove has been turned off: the Orioles are unlikely to trade Manny Machado this offseason.
- Dee Gordon calls what is happening with the Marlins right now ‘embarrassing’.
- Cleveland has signed Yonder Alonso to a 2-year deal.
- The Red Sox have re-signed Mitch Moreland.
- The Astros and Phillies are both interested in Rays' Chris Archer.
- The Rockies are currently in talks with Addison Reed.
- The Cardinals are reportedly making a play for Josh Donaldson.
- The new CBA and fake salary cap makes baseball’s offseason less fun.
- The president of minor league baseball has some thoughts about paying players a fair wage.
- Minor League Baseball had a ‘good’ year financially, and it can thank Tim Tebow.
- Rob Manfred seemingly got caught lying about his knowledge of the Marlins' fire sale.
2017-2018 MLB Free Agent Tracker
2017-2018 Winter Trade Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2008, the Yankees sign an $180 million, eight-year contract with Mark Teixeira.