The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Check out all of our offseason previews here.
The Giancarlo Stanton trade buzz will keep the hot stove stifling this offseason. Follow along with the latest rumors with our story stream here.
- The Braves have traded Jim Johnson to the Angels.
- MLB teams are rightfully excited about Shohei Ohtani.
- Is there a hot stove term you’ve just been nodding alone with in agree for the past few offseason? Not even totally sure what this stove is that everyone is talking about? Check out our hot stove glossary and never be caught off guard again.
- The White Sox have signed Welington Castillo to a 2-year deal, the first position player to ink a major league deal this offseason.
- Derek Jeter is somehow even worse than Jeffrey Loria at owning the Marlins.
- The Giants are meeting with Giancarlo Stanton’s reps, everyone take deep and even breaths.
- Where will Yu Darvish sign?
- Check out the full list of players who are now free agents as of Friday’s non-tender deadline.
- The Rockies are interested in both Wade Davis and Zach Britton.
- Gather around the stove everyone because both the Astros and Mets are pursuing closer Mike Minor.
- The Red Sox are amongst other teams in heated talks for White Sox’ Jose Abreu.
- Aaron Boone is back in Yankee pinstripes, but this time as the team’s manager.
- Japanese RHP Kazuhisa Makita will be posted to MLB in December
- Jay Bruce is interested in returning to the Mets and New York shares the sentiment.
- The Dodgers can’t really let Giancarlo Stanton get away, can they?
- The Cardinals have officially had a meeting with Giancarlo Stanton's reps.
- Will Giancarlo Stanton really accept an offer to go play for the Cardinals?
- What would it take for the Giants to acquire Giancarlo Stanton? Derek Jeter is not playin’ with anyone, that’s for sure.
- The Rays have traded Brad Boxberger to the Diamondbacks.
- Giancarlo Stanton attended his meetings with the Giants and Cardinals this weekend, potentially to show how much he’s seriously considering both teams.
- The Cardinals have traded Aledmys Diaz to the Blue Jays.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2008, Dustin Pedroia agrees to a $40.5 million, six-year contract extension.