The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Check out all of our offseason previews here.
The Giancarlo Stanton trade buzz will keep the hot stove stifling this offseason. Follow along with the latest rumors with our story stream here.
- Shohei Ohtani won’t sign with the Yankees, Red Sox, or Twins. However, the Giants and Mariners are among finalists for the Japanese Babe Ruth.
- MLB teams are rightfully excited about Shohei Ohtani.
- Is there a hot stove term you’ve just been nodding alone with in agree for the past few offseason? Not even totally sure what this stove is that everyone is talking about? Check out our hot stove glossary and never be caught off guard again.
- The White Sox have signed Welington Castillo to a 2-year deal, the first position player to ink a major league deal this offseason.
- Derek Jeter is somehow even worse than Jeffrey Loria at owning the Marlins.
- Giancarlo Stanton has the power with his no-trade clause.
- Where will Yu Darvish sign?
- Check out the full list of players who are now free agents as of Friday’s non-tender deadline.
- The Rockies are interested in both Wade Davis and Zach Britton.
- Which teams are in the running for Shohei Ohtani?
- The Rays are reportedly shopping Alex Colome, with the Cardinals front-runners to land him.
- Aaron Boone is back in Yankee pinstripes, but this time as the team’s manager.
- Japanese RHP Kazuhisa Makita will be posted to MLB in December
- Jay Bruce is interested in returning to the Mets and New York shares the sentiment.
- The Dodgers can’t really let Giancarlo Stanton get away, can they?
- Holy crap, the Marlins are even weirder now.
- Will Giancarlo Stanton really accept an offer to go play for the Cardinals?
- What would it take for the Giants to acquire Giancarlo Stanton? Derek Jeter is not playin’ with anyone, that’s for sure.
- Giancarlo Stanton attended his meetings with the Giants and Cardinals this weekend, potentially to show how much he’s seriously considering both teams.
- Both the Cardinals and the Giants have the framework of a Giancarlo Stanton trade with Marlins at. This. Very. Moment. DEEP BREATHS.
- The Cardinals have traded Aledmys Diaz to the Blue Jays.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 1997, the White Sox hire Jerry Manuel as manager.