The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Happy Friday, baseball fans!
Here’s a roundup of what’s happening around the American League West.
- Homer Bailey has undergone more surgery for bone spurs and will be out another 4-6 weeks.
- Cleveland is “intrigued” by Chase Utley and to that I say: get in line.
- If you’re looking for Andrew McCutchen next season...don’t check centerfield, you won’t find him there.
- Javier Lopez announced yesterday that he is officially retiring from baseball. But hey, four World Series rings isn’t too shabby.
- If you’ve recently found yourself contemplating life and existence while in the shower and somehow ended up asking yourself where has C.J. Wilson gone and if he’s okay, boy do I have an answer for you. He retired. He also bought a car dealership, as one does.
- Did Jeff Loria just casually sell the Marlins? Yeah. Yeah, we think so.
- The Diamondbacks sign Hank Conger to a minor-league deal.
- Here’s a complete guide to everything you need to know about this year’s PECOTA projections.
- Baseball is trying to establish a new strike zone and well...it’s asking for a lot of problems.
- The Nationals and White Sox are discussing a David Robertson deal.
- Anthony Rizzo is the epitome of why kids look up to baseball players as heroes.
- Mike Napoli has caved...probably. While he was very adamant about wanting a more long-term deal, it looks like the slugger and the Rangers have agreed to a one-year contractwith more details coming out later this week.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On January 10th, 1984, after five months of discussion, the Mets and Keith Hernandez come to terms on an $8 million, five-year contract.
Question of the Day: Will you be stopping by C.J. Wilson’s car dealership? Are you literally already there?