The Tampa Bay Rays are reportedly in contract talks with Matt Wieters, according to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times. Last year, the 30-year old slashed a decent .243/.302/.409, but was asking far too big of a contract than his worth. However it looks like his price may have come down in the wake of spring training’s arrival. RHP Tommy Hunter is also on the table for Tampa Bay as well.
Here’s what else is going on in the American League East:
- Chris Tillman will not be making the Opening Day start for the Orioles.
- The Blue Jays have signed Jose Tabata to a minor-league deal.
- Boston has landed three prospects on the Baseball Prospectus top 101.
- Jake Odorizzi has won his arbitration case against the Rays.
- Will 2017 be Joe Girardi’s last season?
- So, the Orioles odds of winning the World Series this year are 33/1. I mean, that could be a lot worse, right?
- Who will be the next Blue Jay to throw a no-hitter?
- Chris Sale made his first appearance as a Red Sox and it’s started spring training with a bang.
- Here’s your first look at Tampa Bay’s spring training camp and workouts.
- Remember that time when Nick Swisher took the mound and didn’t allow a single run? Ah, such pure times.
- The Orioles have acquired RHP Gabriel Ynoa from the Mets.
- These are the best prospects that Toronto has to offer, so you better get used to seeing their names around.
- Can Luis Ysla add much needed depth into Boston’s bullpen?
- The Yankees add James Reeves and J.R. Graham as non roster invites to spring training.