The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans and happy hump day.
Here’s a roundup of what’s going on around the American League Central.
- On a day that should be filled with unfettered joy, we have some sad news: Alex Reyes will likely require Tommy John surgery and be out for the entire 2017 season.
- Major League Baseball is considering automatically putting runners in scoring position in extra innings. Because that’s a great way to make people love baseball again.
- The Rays sign Nathan Eovaldi to a contract with a 2018 club option.
- The Giants sign David Hernandez to a minor-league deal.
- Travis Wood signs a 2-year, $12M deal with the Royals.
- Check out these three potential dark horses for this season.
- The Pirates are still willing to trade McCutchen, in case anyone had forgotten that that was a thing.
- A new owner isn’t the answer to the Marlins myriad of problems. Sorry.
- Remember that White Sox / Nationals deal for David Robertson that was supposedly close to going down? Yeah, not so much anymore.
- Are the Braves going to be watchable this season?
- The Orioles signed Chris Johnson to a minor-league contract.
- Adam Lind inks a 1-year deal with the Nationals.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On February 15th, 1946, the Philllies hire the first female major league scout when they sign Edith Houghton. Houghton will go on to sign fifteen players to contracts.