The Rangers have acquired Eddie Gamboa from the Tampa Bay Rays for a player to be named later or cash. Gambo pitched in 7 games for the Rays last season, giving up 3 runs in 13.1 IP, walking 8 and striking out 11 batters. The 32-year old was primarily used as a starter down in Triple A but could offer some bullpen depth down the line.
This is what else going down in the American League West:
- Here’s everything you should know about the Seattle Mariners farm system and the best prospects it has to offer.
- Astros catcher Evan Gattis is reporting feeling soreness in his shoulder. Not good news to hear just as spring training is starting.
- Mike Napoli’s contract with the Rangers is now totally, 100%, officially official.
- Deolis Guerra of the Angels has accepted assignment and will start the year in Triple-A.
- Here’s a peek at what’s going down at the Athletics spring training facility.
- Could the Mariners have their next great closer ready to go?
- Roy Oswlad will be joining the Astros at spring training as a special instructor.
- In case you need some extra little gym motivation, here’s Mike Trout working out like an absolute savage.
- Ryan Lavarnway will add some much needed depth to the catching front for Oakland this year.
- These Seattle prospects are eligible for much more than just getting called up, wink wink.
- Collin McHugh has won his arbitration case against Houston.
- The Rangers sign free agent pitcher Anthony Bass to a minor-league contract.
- What have we seen out of the Angels spring training workouts so far? That they have the makings of a solid home run hitting team.
- Athletics pitching prospect Logan Shore could be ready for the big stage sooner than expected.