The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning and happy Friday, baseball fans!
Here’s a roundup of what’s going on around the National League East.
- Mike Napoli’s return to Texas is now official. Party on.
- Literally stop every single thing you’re doing to watch this glorious Bartolo Colon trailer.
- Here are the most important lessons learned from the 2016-2017 offseason.
- The Giants sign David Hernandez to a minor-league deal.
- The Rays have made an offer to Matt Wieters. Now...we wait.
- Travis Wood signs a 2-year, $12M deal with the Royals.
- Check out these three potential dark horses for this season.
- The Pirates are still willing to trade McCutchen, in case anyone had forgotten that that was a thing.
- Could the Angels actually be contenders this season?
- The Blue Jays have signed Mat Latos to a minor-league deal.
- The Mets and Neil Walker are discussing a contract extension.
- Here are the top 200 MLB prospects for 2017.
- Tampa Bay and Tommy Hunter have agreed to a minor-league deal.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On February 17th, 2011, Jose Bautista and the Blue Jays come to terms on a $64-million, five-year contract extension.