The Mariners have added another arm to their bullpen: RHP Caleb Cotham. He’ll be in great company...with all the other relievers. Cotham’s numbers in the minors are nothing to shake a judgemental stick at. He worked a 2.32 FIP and 8.71/1.45 K/9. While this is all fine and dandy, maybe someone should give TLC a call because Seattle has a serious hoarding problem. Who knows how many more relievers they could stock pile.
Here’s what else is going down in the American League West:
- The Mariners began this year’s spring training by absolutely destroying the Padres.
- Yusmeiro Petit is going to be the dark horse of the Angels pitching lineup.
- Is Marwin Gonzalez the ultimate utility man?
- The good news about Josh Hamilton is thinning. The slugger is likely to need knee surgery this spring.
- The Athletics have a newly found reliever depth, but can these four pitchers make it work in Oakland?
- Mariners photo day is just as entertaining as you would expect it to be.
- Angels players came very close to accidently locking Mike Trout in a room forever.
- Max Strassi slugged a two run home run in the Astros win over the Braves yesterday. Yay baseball!
- Every single player on the Rangers 40-man is now signed to the team because money is fun and exciting.
- Oakland’s new president David Kaval isn’t only going to be great for the guys on the field, but for fans everywhere.
- Cameron Maybin shows us just how vital team chemistry is to success on the field.
- Edison Frias has a less than desirable start to spring training for the Astros.
- The Rangers and Rougned Odor have come to an agreement on a one-year contract extension.