The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here’s a roundup of what’s going on in the National League East.
- MLB is pushing to stream games on Facebook now, because apparently people still use Facebook?
- The Cubs sign Pedro Strop to a one-year extension.
- During Saturday’s Cincinnati - Cleveland spring training game, everything was going as well as it could...until the sprinklers went off.
- Javier Baez got the tattoo we all wish we could get.
- Aaron Judge is setting himself up to be super human, so there’s that.
- Adrian Beltre and Carlos Gomez honor Yordano Ventura at spring training.
- Marlins pitcher Jeff Locke underwent an MRI for a shoulder injury, but the club doesn’t seem to be too concerned, according to Clark Spencer of The Miami Herald.
- These rule changes would make baseball significantly faster...so that’s one way of putting it.
- Colby Rasmus’ neck beard is some next level facial hair.
- Spring training is here, but gasp, that also means that spring training yips are here too.
- We’re really, really going to miss intentional walks.
- Breaking, Shocking, News: Gleyber Torres is good. Like, really good.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On February 27th, 1912, The Yankees announce they will begin wearing pinstripes on their uniforms. Who would have thought that’d ever catch on?