Cleveland has struck a deal with LHP Boone Logan, pending a physical. This is Boone’s twelfth season in the MLB, spending 2016 in Colorado. For the Rockies, he pitched 46.1 innings and earned a 3.69 ERA and struck out 57. He’s deadly against lefty batters and has a slider that leaves batters in the (pretty slow moving) dust. The veteran’s salary hasn’t been released yet, but either way it’s a good buy for the AL champs looking for redemption.
Here’s what else is going down in the American League Central:
- The Twins have signed relief pitcher Matt Belisle.
- What will the Royals starting lineup be?
- We should have a new computer game for this generation: What in the World is Up With Jose Quintana? Find all the answers you need right here.
- Which baseball rule would you change?
- The Indians have signed Wily Mo Pena because baseball is beautiful.
- Brandon Moss has made his way to the Royals.
- Here’s the Twins season, abridged: Hector Santiago is not to be trusted in any way, shape, form, or pitch.
- Good news: the White Sox are very heavy with great pitching prospects, so these next few years are lookin’ prettyyyyyy sweet.
- Here’s a montage of Jose Iglesias training to really get you in the spirit for spring training.
- Let’s predict Carlos Santana’s contract year, shall we?
- Check out the Tigers top ten prospects.
- Miss SoxFest this past week? Fear not, South Side Sox has it covered for you.
- Here’s a sneak peak at the best prospects Kansas City has to offer—including a young left handed pitcher.
- There’s a new alternative to Tommy John surgery.