Could the Nationals still trade for David Robertson? Don’t count them out yet. After many fruitless pursuits this offseason, Washington has yet to fill their reliever need. They have the farm system to foot the bill, but only if the Nationals are willing to deal the likes of young catching phenom Pedro Severino and top outfield prospect Victor Robles. With spring training less than a week away, Rizzo will either be putting his money where his hot stove is or working with one of the many pitchers the Nationals signed to minor-league deals.
Here’s what else is happening in the National League East:
- The Nationals have reportedly acquired Enny Romero from the Rays.
- The legacy of Wes Helms is beautiful, quasi confusing, and of a very special time.
- Can Atlanta’s new rotation create stability for the Braves in 2017?
- Live in the New York Metropolitan Area? Want to meet fellow Mets fans as well as writers from Amazin’ Avenue? Well you’re in lucky, because their annual
airing of grievancesgathering is approaching just in time for spring training.
- What was the Marlins worst move this offseason?
- Washington’s hype video is out and if it doesn’t get you excited for spring training do you even have a soul?
- The Phillies and Cesar Hernandez have agreed to a contract.
- Talking Chop sat down with prime Braves catching prospect Tanner Murphy. Check out what Atlanta’s newest hope has to say about next season.
- Wilmer Flores has won his arbitration case against the Mets.
- How the Marlins approach pitching next season is going to make or break their year drastically.
- Check out The Good Phight’s interview with ESPN’s Keith Law.
- Braves sign RHP Rex Brothers to a minor-league deal, just in case.
- The Mets sign pitcher Jerry Blevins as a late Christmas present to Queens.
- Baseball Prospectus’ PECOTA ranking were released Thursday, and well, they’re saying the Marlins will rack up 76 wins next season. So it’s the perfect time to prove the haters wrong, right?