The Rangers have agreed to terms with Mike Napoli, signing a one-year, $8.5M contract. The slugger has also received a club option for 2018. It was previously reported that the former Ranger wouldn’t take a deal that was less than two years, but I suppose Texas was calling his name. Party on, everyone.
Here’s what else is going down in the American League West:
- The Mariners have traded Jesus Sucre to the Rays.
- Here’s one last final farewell to Tal’s Hill.
- The Angles signed Yusmeiro Petit to a minor-league deal as well giving him a spring training invite.
- What will you be calling the patch of grass that the Athletics play baseball on in the Coliseum? Ricky Henderson Field, of course.
- Seattle may have a project on their hands after acquiring for Athletics Dillon Overton, but it’s worth all the effort.
- These are all the Rangers playing in this year’s World Baseball Classic.
- Avoiding arbitration is typically a good thing. The Astros signed Will Harris to a two-year deal in an effort to do such.
- Meet Jahmai Jones, the Angels best and brightest prospect.
- Dan Mengden has had foot surgery. His recovery time is a minimum 6 weeks.
- PECOTA projections have the Mariners going to the playoffs this season.
- Here are three South Atlantic League prospects to keep an eye out for during spring training.
- Houston has signed minor-league pitcher Dayan Diaz, also extending an invite to spring training.
- Los Angeles has signed Dustin Ackley to a minor-league deal.
- These are the four Oakland prospects that you should know about.