The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans and happy March! We’re that much closer to Opening Day.
Here’s a roundup of what’s going on in the National League West.
- The Mets and Tigers are discussing a Conforto for J.D. Martinez trade, so that’s some info to spice up your spring training.
- David Wright has been diagnosed with a shoulder impingement.
- During Saturday’s Cincinnati - Cleveland spring training game, everything was going as well as it could...until the sprinklers went off.
- The Nationals are interested in Angel Pagan.
- As interested as they may be in Pagan, Washington has signed Joe Blanton to a 1-year deal.
- The Angels are interested in Mike Moustakas because DUH, they should be.
- Marlins pitcher Jeff Locke underwent an MRI for a shoulder injury, but the club doesn’t seem to be too concerned, according to Clark Spencer of The Miami Herald.
- These rule changes would make baseball significantly faster...so that’s one way of putting it.
- Petco Park is completely flooded, however that isn’t one of the signs of the ending of days because the Padres have yet to win the World Series.
- The Dodgers inquired with the Tigers about Justin Verlander, no word on if they were laughed out or not.
- Here’s a name you haven’t heard in a hot sec: Jose Quintana is once again drawing interest from the Yankees, the Astros, the Cardinals, and the Pirates. I wonder who he’ll take to prom—I mean...potentially end up playing for?
- We’re really, really going to miss intentional walks.
- The Rangers continue their talks with Rougned Odor on a potential contract extension.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On March 1st, 1969, Mickey Mantle announces his retirement.