So far, Sonny Gray’s comeback season is off to a not so swell start. The 27-year old has sustained a lat strain per an MRI done this week. It makes sense, seeing as his start on Tuesday went from okay to an all out slugfest. Gray won’t likely be pitching in the rotation again until late April.
Here’s what else is happening around the American League West:
- Albert Pujols is coming back and this is very good news.
- Could these minor leaguers be the saving grace of the Astros?
- Do you ever look at some of those advanced baseball statistics and just scratch you head? Here’s a cheat sheet that will help you fool even the biggest sabermetrics scholar.
- These three rotations are what the Athletics could be potentially looking at if they’re without Sonny Gray this entire season.
- Andrew Cashner has had a setback.
- The Angels are being super extra cautious this year when it comes to the arm health of their starting line up.
- Should the Astros be concerned about veteran catcher Brian McCann regressing this season?
- Adam Moore hit a grand slam on Wednesday against Cleveland...but the Mariners still lost. Sigh.
- What kind of year is Rougned Odor projected to have for the Rangers?
- Check out this interview Halos Heaven did with Los Angeles shortstop prospect, Conor Justus.
- What does your ideal Mariners bullpen look like?