The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a roundup of what’s going on around the American League West.
- Sonny Gray is out with a lat strain, which is pretty bad news for the Athletics.
- In case you weren’t paying attention, the World Baseball Classic just got a whole lot more exciting.
- Blue Jays pitcher T.J. House was taken to the hospital after being struck by a line drive.
- Tim Tebow recently appeared in a baseball game, but the results weren’t very good.
- Corey Seager is getting healthier, but it doesn’t seem the Dodgers are rushing him back, according to Dylan Hernandez of The Los Angeles Times.
- Red Sox lefty David Price isn’t yet ready to throw, according to Evan Drellich of The Boston Herald.
- Chris Tillman isn’t ready to return, according to PressBox.com’s Rich Dubroff.
- Rangers right-hander Andrew Cashner is set to start a throwing program this weekend, according to MLB.com’s TR Sullivan.
- The Rays claimed Jumbo Diaz from the Reds, according to MLB.com’s Mark Sheldon.
- The Twins hired Jeremy Hefner to be a scout, he announced on his Twitter account.
- Cardinals first baseman Matt Carpenter isn’t yet prepared to hit in games, according to Derrick Goold of The St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2006, Nick Johnson signed a three-year extension with the Nationals.