The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a roundup of what’s going on around the National League West.
- Sonny Gray is out with a lat strain, which is pretty bad news for the Athletics.
- In case you weren’t paying attention, the World Baseball Classic just got a whole lot more exciting.
- Blue Jays pitcher T.J. House was taken to the hospital after being struck by a line drive.
- Tim Tebow recently appeared in a baseball game, but the results weren’t very good.
- Orioles and Alvarez agree to minor-league deal.
- Corey Seager is getting healthier, but it doesn’t seem the Dodgers are rushing him back, according to Dylan Hernandez of The Los Angeles Times.
- Red Sox lefty David Price isn’t yet ready to throw, according to Evan Drellich of The Boston Herald.
- Trevor May has torn ligament and will likely get season ending Tommy John surgery.
- Chris Tillman isn’t ready to return, according to PressBox.com’s Rich Dubroff.
- Rangers right-hander Andrew Cashner is set to start a throwing program this weekend, according to MLB.com’s TR Sullivan.
- Derek Norris placed on waivers.
- The Rays claimed Jumbo Diaz from the Reds, according to MLB.com’s Mark Sheldon.
- Gagne enthused after first comeback test.
- The Twins hired Jeremy Hefner to be a scout, he announced on his Twitter account.
- Cardinals first baseman Matt Carpenter isn’t yet prepared to hit in games, according to Derrick Goold of The St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- THE JERRY DIPOTO TRAIN IS PULLING INTO THE STATION.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On March 14th, 2006, three pitches into the top of the seventh inning, the stadium lights at Tradition Field partially fail.