The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a roundup of what’s going on around the American League Central.
- Sonny Gray is out with a lat strain, which is pretty bad news for the Athletics.
- The Nationals were very sneaky in assembling a World Series caliber team this offseason.
- Blue Jays pitcher T.J. House was taken to the hospital after being struck by a line drive.
- Ian Desmond has a broken hand and it’s hard to see who the loser in this situation really is.
- Orioles and Alvarez agree to minor-league deal.
- The Red Sox are out to win the AL East again with a powerhouse pitching rotation.
- Red Sox lefty David Price isn’t yet ready to throw, according to Evan Drellich of The Boston Herald.
- Trevor May has torn ligament and will likely get season ending Tommy John surgery.
- Reds pitcher Anthony Disclafani has a strained elbow.
- Rangers right-hander Andrew Cashner is set to start a throwing program this weekend, according to MLB.com’s TR Sullivan.
- Derek Norris placed on waivers.
- Tim Tebow got a hit in a real, live baseball game and it was glorious.
- Gagne enthused after first comeback test.
- The Twins hired Jeremy Hefner to be a scout, he announced on his Twitter account.
- The Cubs had a very special guest visit them at spring training.
- THE JERRY DIPOTO TRAIN IS PULLING INTO THE STATION.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On March 14th, 2003, Vladimir Guerrero is suspended for three regular-season games and Marlin starter Brad Penny for five due to igniting an exhibition game bench-clearing brawl earlier in the week.