The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a roundup of what’s going on around the American League East.
- Sonny Gray is out with a lat strain, which is pretty bad news for the Athletics.
- The Nationals were very sneaky in assembling a World Series caliber team this offseason.
- Blue Jays pitcher T.J. House was taken to the hospital after being struck by a line drive.
- The Orioles didn’t do the offseason work that they should have.
- Ian Desmond has a broken hand and it’s hard to see who the loser in this situation really is.
- Orioles and Alvarez agree to minor-league deal.
- The Red Sox are out to win the AL East again with a powerhouse pitching rotation.
- The Yankees still need young arms if they want to have any success this season.
- Trevor May has torn ligament and will likely get season ending Tommy John surgery.
- Reds pitcher Anthony Disclafani has a strained elbow.
- The World Baseball Classic is getting extremely exciting, just in case you needed us to tell you.
- The things go very wrong, very fast for the Royals...expect a mass exodus of player
- Tim Tebow got a hit in a real, live baseball game and it was glorious.
- Gagne enthused after first comeback test.
- Cleveland fans: Don’t panic yet.
- The Cubs had a very special guest visit them at spring training.
- What teams are building themselves to be better later and will actually fulfill that destiny?
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On March 15th, 1999, the Yankees name Don Zimmer to be the club's interim manager while Joe Torre receives treatments for prostate cancer.