The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Happy Friday, baseball fans!
Here is a roundup of what’s going on around the American League West.
- The Mets had a pretty quiet offseason. Should they have made more noise or are they in the right place?
- The Nationals were very sneaky in assembling a World Series caliber team this offseason.
- Hosmer and the Royals may be heading towards a feud of reality TV proportions. Just in time for the season, amiright?
- The Orioles didn’t do the offseason work that they should have.
- Yasmany Tomas is suffering from an oblique strain and his timeline to return is uncertain.
- Javier Baez is not of this universe.
- The Red Sox are out to win the AL East again with a powerhouse pitching rotation.
- The Mariners are looking for a successor for the bat flip, in case you have any ideas.
- David Ross will dance to “Go Cubs Go” on Dancing With the Stars because he is such a pure and lovable soul.
- Manny Ramirez has a new Japanese baseball contract and it’s pretty amazing (we’re jealous).
- The World Baseball Classic is getting extremely exciting, just in case you needed us to tell you.
- The A’s could either have a season for the history books or an utter disaster. Isn’t half the fun of watching the unpredictability?
- The Mariners and Athletics got into a Twitter fight and it’s more entertaining than cable TV honestly.
- Matt Harvey is on track to regain his fastball speed so this is already looking to be an exciting season for the NL East.
- Cleveland fans: Don’t panic yet.
- The Cubs had a very special guest visit them at spring training.
- What teams are building themselves to be better later and will actually fulfill that destiny?
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On March 17th, 1936, Joe DiMaggio makes his Yankee debut.