The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a roundup of what’s happening around the National League West.
- Yasmany Tomas is out with a strained oblique, which is bad news for the Diamondbacks.
- Jordan Schafer, who attempted to become a major league pitcher after a career as a position player, is set to undergo elbow surgery, according to MLB.com’s Jenifer Langosch.
- Rangers right-hander Chi Chi Gonzalez has a ulnar collateral ligament tear, according to Evan Grant of The Dallas Morning News.
- Colorado pitcher Rayan Gonzalez is likely to undergo season-ending Tommy John surgery, according to Nick Groke of The Denver Post.
- Several teams are interested in catcher Derek Norris, according to Yahoo! Sports’ Tim Brown.
- Rays pitcher Kevin Gadea will be out for about four weeks with tendinitis, according to Marc Topkin of The Tampa Bay Times.
- The Diamonbacks seem open to fielding offers for Nick Ahmed, according to Nick Piecoro of The Arizona Republic.
- In an ideal world, Ian Desmond would be able to return to the Rockies in the middle of April, according to MLB.com’s Thomas Harding.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2010, Mark Reynolds signed a new three-year deal with the Diamondbacks.