The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a roundup of what’s going on around the American League Central.
- The Reds, Braves and Blue Jays are all interested in adding Kelly Johnson as a non-roster invitee.
- Josh Thole’s hamstring injury might be severe enough to keep him out for the entire season, according to Nick Piecoro of The Arizona Republic.
- The Twins are expected to add left-hander Craig Breslow to their 40-man roster, according to Mike Berardino of The Pioneer Press.
- St. Louis might be among the clubs interested in free agent catcher Derek Norris, according to Nick Cafardo of The Boston Globe.
- Miami is seeking third base depth in case Martin Prado’s injury ends up requiring a long-term rehab assignment.
- Athletics shortstop prospect Franklin Barreto will open the season in Triple-A, according to Susan Slusser of The San Francisco Chronicle.
- The Cardinals are attempting to give Matt Adams the opportunity to learn to play left field, according to MLB.com’s Jenifer Langosch.
- David Dahl could “increase activity” in the coming days, according to Patrick Saunders of The Denver Post.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2005, the Astros signed Lance Berkman to a six-year deal.