The Brewers have announced that Junior Guerra will be their Opening Day starter.
Junior Guerra (@juni1685) has officially been named 2017 Opening Day starter! He will start against Colorado on April 3. pic.twitter.com/Vw6XguwyEV— Milwaukee Brewers (@Brewers) March 18, 2017
Last season, Guerra put up a 2.81 ERA in 20 starts.
Here’s what else is going down in the National League Central:
- The Cardinals are highly unlikely to part with Matt Adams.
- Bronson Arroyo got doinked.
- Pirates sign Cuban right handed pitcher, Danny Hernandez.
- The Cubs have a new slogan and it is absolutely everywhere.
- St. Louis slimmed down their spring training roster by fourteen players.
- Should the Reds go after Derek Norris?
- Ryan Braun hit a home run! Yay!
- Andrew McCutchen was ejected in Team USA’s WBC game against Team Puerto Rico.
- Which young Cubs pitcher has the best chance at being in the starting rotation for 2018?
- Dexter Fowler is the absolute coolest. That is all.
- The Reds have cut Dilson Herrera from spring training camp.
- Zack Davies had a stellar spring training performance against the Giants.
- Tyler Glasnow is still trying to get back on the horse.
- Here are some neat updates on the Wrigley Field construction!