The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a roundup of what’s going on around the National League East.
- The Reds, Braves and Blue Jays are all interested in adding Kelly Johnson as a non-roster invitee.
- This picture of Adam Jones’ incredible catch in the World Baseball Classic looks like a perfectly crafted Renaissance painting.
- Josh Thole’s hamstring injury might be severe enough to keep him out for the entire season, according to Nick Piecoro of The Arizona Republic.
- Is Giancarlo Stanton even real? This baseball doesn’t think so.
- While we’re thinking about that, Manny Machado must be from whatever universe Giancarlo is from as well.
- The Twins are expected to add left-hander Craig Breslow to their 40-man roster, according to Mike Berardino of The Pioneer Press.
- This “MLB The Show” glitch is genuinely horrifying and hopefully not a premonition.
- St. Louis might be among the clubs interested in free agent catcher Derek Norris, according to Nick Cafardo of The Boston Globe.
- Miami is seeking third base depth in case Martin Prado’s injury in the WBC ends up requiring a long-term rehab assignment.
- No fear Red Sox fans, the Citgo sign is safe and sound!
- The Cardinals are attempting to give Matt Adams the opportunity to learn to play left field, according to MLB.com’s Jenifer Langosch.
- Hey Charlotte Knights...you guys okay?
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On March 20th, 2006, in his first appearance in a Nationals uniform, Alfonso Soriano refuses to play the outfield in an exhibition game against the Dodgers.