The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! We’re still reeling from last night’s WBC game. Wowza.
Here is a roundup of what’s going on around the National League Central.
- The Reds, Braves and Blue Jays are all interested in adding Kelly Johnson as a non-roster invitee.
- This picture of Adam Jones’ incredible catch in the World Baseball Classic looks like a perfectly crafted Renaissance painting.
- The White Sox and Tim Anderson are discussing a possible extension.
- Is Giancarlo Stanton even real? This baseball doesn’t think so.
- While we’re thinking about that, Manny Machado must be from whatever universe Giancarlo is from as well.
- The Rays sign Kevin Kiermaier to a 6-year extension in possibly one of the smartest moves in Rays’ history.
- This “MLB The Show” glitch is genuinely horrifying and hopefully not a premonition.
- Both the Cubs and Dodgers are interested in Alex Cobb.
- Miami is seeking third base depth in case Martin Prado’s injury in the WBC ends up requiring a long-term rehab assignment.
- No fear Red Sox fans, the Citgo sign is safe and sound!
- The Braves release John Danks.
- Will Smith will undergo MRI for elbow pain.
- Hey Charlotte Knights...you guys okay?
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On March 21st, 2011, Mets GM Sandy Alderson announces the release of 29 year-old southpaw Oliver Perez.