The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! We’re so excited to see what will happen at the WBC championship tonight when the USA plays Puerto Rico.
Here is a roundup of what’s going on around the American League East.
- The Reds, Braves and Blue Jays are all interested in adding Kelly Johnson as a non-roster invitee.
- Didi Gregorius will be out six weeks due to shoulder injury. Welcome to the dark side of the World Baseball Classic: preseason injuries.
- The White Sox have signed Tim Anderson to a six-year extension.
- The Rangers are open to in-season talks for Yu Darvish.
- The Red Sox are on the hunt for pitching depth.
- The Rays sign Kevin Kiermaier to a 6-year extension in possibly one of the smartest moves in Rays’ history.
- Tampa Bay is listening to offers on Erasmo Ramirez.
- The Blue Jays would like a do-over please.
- Both the Cubs and Dodgers are interested in Alex Cobb.
- Twins release Ryan Vogelsong.
- No fear Red Sox fans, the Citgo sign is safe and sound!
- The Braves release John Danks.
- Giants’ Will Smith has UCL damage.
- LOOK AT DAVID ROSS AND HIS SASSY AND FABULOUS BELLBOTTOM PANTS.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On March 22nd, 2010, Twins catcher Joe Mauer signs a $184 million, eight-year contract extension.