The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! The United States are the 2017 World Baseball Classic champions!!
Here is a roundup of what’s going on around the American League West.
- The Astros, Braves, and Pirates are all in on Quintana.
- Didi Gregorius will be out six weeks due to shoulder injury. Welcome to the dark side of the World Baseball Classic: preseason injuries.
- The White Sox have signed Tim Anderson to a six-year extension.
- The Rangers are open to in-season talks for Yu Darvish.
- The Red Sox are on the hunt for pitching depth.
- Milwaukee has released both Chamberlin and Webb.
- Tampa Bay is listening to offers on Erasmo Ramirez.
- The Blue Jays would like a do-over please.
- The Yankees, Rays, and Padres are all interested in Nich Ahmed.
- Twins release Ryan Vogelsong.
- Atlanta has Max Szczur on their radar.
- The Braves release John Danks.
- Giants’ Will Smith has UCL damage.
- LOOK AT DAVID ROSS AND HIS SASSY AND FABULOUS BELLBOTTOM PANTS.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On March 23rd, 2009, Ichiro Suzuki hits a two-out, two-run single in the top of the 10th inning to lead Japan to victory over South Korea to win its second consecutive World Baseball Classic title.