Jose Quintana news has been a rollercoaster of emotion this entire offseason. First there’s a deal potentially in place, then the asking price is too high, then a tree way deal, then nothing. We’re getting whiplash over here. The latest development on the hunt for the young ace is that the Astros, Braves, and Pirates are all on hot pursuit of the Colombian pitcher. With the White Sox yet to name an Opening Day starter, we’ll see how this Quintana journey ends by April. As of now, it looks like the asking price is too hefty for any team, the Yankees included, to swing.
Here’s what else is going down in the American League Central:
- Who should the Tigers fifth starter be?
- Baseball season is just around the corner, which means so is fantasy baseball season. Here are the best tips and tricks to make sure your fantasy team comes away with the trophy.
- Who will be the DH for the Twins this season?
- Jason Kipnis will miss 4-5 weeks due to shoulder inflammation.
- Tim Anderson got a decent contract extension from the White Sox, but probably not as much as he’s worth.
- Are you a fan of the West Michigan Whitecaps, the Tigers’ Single-A affiliate? Well, you should be now. If you order Opening Day tickets from them, a puppy will deliver them.
- Let’s not panic over Jose Soler...at least, not yet.
- The Twins are sending Tyler Jay to the bullpen.
- Cody Anderson has opted out of Tommy John surgery and will miss the 2017 season in Cleveland.
- Yoan Mocada and Lucas Giolito were both cut from the White Sox spring training roster.
- JaCoby Jones and Matt Boyd are set to take the Tigers by storm, and we can see why.
- Peter O’Brien is making sure his name is discussed during roster spots contention talk.
- ByungHo Park teaches Miguel Sano some Korean and it’ll warm your heart.
- Yandy Diaz is red hot for Cleveland this spring training.