The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning and happy Friday, baseball fans!
Here is a roundup of what’s going on around the National League West.
- The Astros, Braves, and Pirates are all in on Quintana.
- Junior Guerra is drawing interest. He’s also set to be the Brewers’ Opening Day pitcher. Oof.
- The White Sox have signed Tim Anderson to a six-year extension.
- The Marlins had a pretty safe offseason except for one massive imperfection.
- After news of Gregorius’ shoulder issue, the Yankees are looking to potentially source a replacement at shortstop...just not Zack Cozart of Jose Iglesias.
- Milwaukee has released both Chamberlin and Webb.
- Did this Nolan Ryan fan have any idea that Ryan was about a foot away from him?
- Tampa Bay is listening to offers on Erasmo Ramirez.
- The Blue Jays would like a do-over please.
- The Yankees, Rays, and Padres are all interested in Nick Ahmed.
- Twins release Ryan Vogelsong.
- Atlanta has Max Szczur on their radar.
- Jake Arrieta hit a 465-foot home run during Cubs spring training because #PitchersWhoRake.
- Giants’ Will Smith has UCL damage.
- The Cubs are getting a World Series movie because that what happens when you break a curse that spans more than a century.
- LOOK AT DAVID ROSS AND HIS SASSY AND FABULOUS BELLBOTTOM PANTS.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On March 24th, 2008, the Twins agree to a new deal with Joe Nathan, a $47 million, four-year contract, which includes a 2012 club option.