The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a roundup of what’s going on around the American League Central.
- Jung Ho-Kang was denied a visa, and as a result, he might not be able to join the Pirates this season.
- The Rays signed Derek Norris, who will add valuable catching depth after being released by the Nationals.
- Luis Valbuena will be out for at least four weeks with a hamstring injury, leaving the Angels without a starting first baseman.
- Right-hander Tyler Jones, Arizona’s Rule 5 draft pick, is heading back to the Yankees, the club announced.
- J.D. Martinez will be sidelined with a foot injury and as a result will open the season on the disabled list, according to MLB.com’s Jason Beck.
- The Giants released David Hernandez, according to CSN Bay Area’s Alex Pavlovic.
- It seems AJ Griffin has earned a spot in the Rangers rotation, according to Evan Grant of The Dallas Morning News.
- J.J. Hoover is a candidate to earn a spot on Arizona’s roster, according to Nick Piecoro of The Arizona Republic.
- The Phillies and Blue Jays are interested in Angel Pagan, according to FanRag Sports’ Jon Heyman.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2008, the Tigers signed Miguel Cabrera to an eight-year deal.