Though the White Sox have yet to make a deal involving starter Jose Quintana, the Astros are among the teams most interested in the lefty, according to Nick Cafardo of The Boston Globe.
Chicago has been fielding offers but seemingly is seeking an extensive package in a deal for Quintana. The Astros might be the favorites to win the division if they add a top arm such as Quintana to complement a productive lineup.
Over 208.0 innings last season, Quintana pitched to a 3.20 ERA and 3.56 FIP.
Here’s the latest from around the American League West:
- Yu Darvish will be the Rangers Opening Day starter, which is notable given Cole Hamels was also considered.
- It seems the Angels’ international signing woes are gone, at least for the time being.
- The Mariners’ minor league system is in a better place now than it was a few months ago, which puts Seattle in a good spot entering 2017.
- Oakland has a notable amount of catching depth, which doesn’t bode well for Bruce Maxwell.
- If you weren’t paying attention, Carlos Correa played quite well in the World Baseball Classic.