The St. Louis Cardinals have signed RHP Josh Zeid to a minor-league contract. The 30-year old just had an outstanding run pitching for Team Israel in the WBC, going scoreless in ten innings.
Here’s what else is going down in the National League Central:
- Devin Mesoraco is unlikely to be ready for the Reds by Opening Day.
- Milwaukee Brewers acquire Tyler Heineman from Astros.
- Jung Ho Kang reportedly denied visa.
- Here’s an update on the Wrigley Field contraction.
- Carlos Martinez will be the Opening Day starter for the Cardinals.
- Reds prospect Nick Hanson is set to have Tommy John surgery, a real set back for the promising young pitcher.
- Milwaukee Brewers prospect David Denson has retired from baseball.
- Has Tyler Glasnow demonstrated enough to be the Pirates’ fifth starter?
- This David Ross parody is exactly what you needed for your Monday.
- What are the Vegas odds of Yadi remaining a Cardinal? Not too good.
- Raisel Iglesias took a little spill in the shower and will be sidelined for a bit due to elbow and hip soreness. Baseball players, they’re just like us.
- Brewers release RHP Joba Chamberlin.
- Here are five things to expect from Josh Bell this season.