The Yankees have released pitcher Jon Niese. The southpaw had signed a minor-league deal with New York late this winter. The former Met spent the spring completing for a spot in the bullpen, however his arm strength didn’t quite cut it for the Yankees. At 30-years old, Niese could still be picked up as an extra body for later innings but as of now no teams are showing interest in making that move.
Here’s what else is going down in the American League East:
- The Rays are likely to deal Curt Casali sometime soon.
- What should the Yankees’ batting order look like this season?
- Red Sox pitcher Tyler Thornburg is likely to start this season doing a brief stint on the disabled list.
- Mat Latos has been told that he won’t be making the Blue Jays.
- Chris Tillman pitched in a game with Baltimore without any issues, so hold your breathe and put a spoon under your pillow.
- Colby Rasmus will start his season with Tampa Bay on the DL.
- The Red Sox are getting closer and closer to the Opening Day lineup.
- Here’s everything you should know about Kevin Pillar going into this season.
- Looks like Craig Gentry has found himself a roster spot with the Orioles.
- The Rays have signed Derek Norris to a one-year deal.
- Can Jordan Montgomery sneak his way into the Yankee rotation?
- Who will be the biggest disappointment on the 2017 Red Sox?
- What are your top ten Blue Jays moments?