The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a roundup of what’s going on around the National League Central.
- Giants reliever Will Smith will be out for the year after undergoing Tommy John surgery.
- The Rangers have secured Rougned Odor for the long run.
- The Indians signed Jose Ramirez to a four-year extension Friday afternoon.
- Dodgers sign Justin Masterson to a minor-league deal.
- The White Sox are in no rush to part ways with Quintana.
- The Rays are working with the White Sox to acquire Peter Bourjos.
- In easily the cutest news ever, the six-year old son of Cleveland’s GM leaked a little (huge) signing secret on live radio.
- Who would you cast in a World Series movie about the Cubs?
- Think about this: Duck Hunt would have been the best game ever if you could play it as Randy Johnson.
- Francisco Lindor is not currently discussing a contract extension with the Indians, according to Joel Sherman of The New York Post.
- Will Dusty Baker be with the Nationals past 2017?
- Baseball is slowly killing free agency.
- What’s the best case scenario for the Yankees this season?
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On March 28th, 2014, Mike Trout and the Angels come to terms on a $144.5 million, six-year deal.