The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here’s a roundup of what’s going on around the National League East.
- The Nationals improved the back-end of their bullpen, signing Joe Blanton to a one-year deal.
- David Price is set to undergo an MRI, which could potentially be bad news for the Red Sox.
- This piece on Jerry Dipoto and the Mariners is worth your time.
- Justin Masterson worked out for the Reds, though it’s unclear whether they are interested in signing him.
- The Cubs met with Scott Boras about a potential Jake Arrieta extension, but nothing is imminent, according to FanRag Sports’ Jon Heyman.
- David Price is set to visit Dr. James Andrews, according to Tim Britton of The Providence Journal.
- Cubs closer Wade Davis was surprised he was traded this offseason, according to MLB.com’s Richard Justice.
- Andrew Cashner will be sidelined with bicep tendinitis, according to Evan Grant of The Dallas Morning News.
- After right elbow issues, Anthony DeSclafani has been cleared to throw, according to MLB.com’s Mark Sheldon.
- Though it’s unclear when he will return, David Wright will eventually begin shoulder rehab, according to Mike Puma of The New York Post.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 1997, the Yankees signed a deal with Adidas.