The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a roundup of what’s going on around the National League East.
- St. Louis and Yadi Molina are progressing on extension talks.
- Jeurys Familia has received a 15-game suspension following his domestic violence case.
- What’s the best way for MLB to hand out domestic violence incident related punishments, if there even is a “good” way?
- Phillies release Chris Coghlan.
- A.J. Pierzynski retires, thus joining the ranks of former players who now work for Fox.
- The Pirates release Jared Hughes.
- Twins sign Paul Clemens to a minor-league deal.
- Francisco Lindor, no matter now adorably “leaked” his extension way, is unlikely for the moment.
- The Rays are interested in Rob Refsnyder.
- The Yankees have brought back Jon Niese on literally the same contract they just released him from. Maybe it was a typo?
- A-Rod has gifted the internet with a new meme.
- The Rangers are scouting Wily Peralta.
- Tigers place Steven Moya on waivers.
- Baseball is slowly killing free agency.
- What’s the best case scenario for the Yankees this season?
HEY YOU. YEAH, YOU! READING THIS! SB Nation’s 2017 Season Preview is out and it’s your one stop shop for the most thorough and professional predictions to watch for this season. Don’t be the only person around the water cooler who hasn’t read it.
Unhappy with your team’s general manager? Would like to throw them a parade? Little bit of both? Let your opinionated flag fly right here with our front office confidence survey.
Spring Training Release Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On March 30th, 1992, the White Sox trade Sammy Sosa and pitcher Ken Patterson to the Cubs for George Bell.