Cleveland has released 35-year old outfielder, Wily Mo Pena. Pena only had nine at bats this spring break, however he made the best of them, getting a hit at four of his plate appearances. Despite this impressive fun fact, the reality is that Pena hasn’t played in a major league baseball game since 2011 and was only brought into camp via the beck and call of Edwin Encarnacion.
Here’s what other news is happening around the American League Central:
- Baseball is great, don’t get me wrong, but check out all the new food coming to Target Field this season.
- Because we just have to ask, what’s the absolute worst case scenario for the Royals this season?
- The Tigers have released Mike Pelfrey.
- Finding a short term replacement for Carlos Rodon is looking to be more difficult than the White Sox initially thought.
- Yandy Diaz has been named to the Opening Day roster for Cleveland.
- Hot Take Alert: J.T. Chargois should have made the Twins.
- Kyle Zimmer of the Royals will head up to the Northwest Arkansas roster.
- Detroit has placed Steven Moya on waivers.
- Here’s another great questions...do all of these trade rumors distract Jose Quintana at all?
- The Twins have finalized their roster with this somewhat polarizing move.
- Joakim Soria will still be the eighth inning guy for Kansas City. Sorry.
- Miguel Cabrera was just unlucky last season, you guys. Nothing to see here.
- The White Sox have traded Peter Bourjos to the Rays for cash.
- Michael Brantley has become an unstoppable offensive force.