The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a roundup of what’s going on around the National League West.
- St. Louis and Yadi Molina are progressing on extension talks.
- Jeurys Familia has received a 15-game suspension following his domestic violence case.
- What’s the best way for MLB to hand out domestic violence incident related punishments, if there even is a “good” way?
- The Tigers have released Mike Pelfrey.
- Steven Matz will start this season on the DL, not a good sign for the Mets, but also still not as bad as last season.
- Seattle has signed Mark Lowe to a minor-league deal.
- Twins sign Paul Clemens to a minor-league deal.
- St. Louis and Yadier Molina have come to terms on a three year contract extension.
- The Rays are interested in Rob Refsnyder.
- The Yankees have brought back Jon Niese on literally the same contract they just released him from. Maybe it was a typo?
- A-Rod has gifted the internet with a new meme.
- Just in case you feel like crying today, a 27-year-old rookie on the Phillies teared up at getting his first major league call-up and I’m not sobbing YOU’RE SOBBING.
- Tigers place Steven Moya on waivers.
- Not that we’re encouraging betting...but we still want you to bet smart. Here are the best over-under bets for 2017.
- I mean, I’d ask for livestock with my contract extension too, so I feel Odor on this one.
HEY YOU. YEAH, YOU! READING THIS! SB Nation’s 2017 Season Preview is out and it’s your one stop shop for the most thorough and professional predictions to watch for this season. Don’t be the only person around the water cooler who hasn’t read it.
Unhappy with your team’s general manager? Would like to throw them a parade? Little bit of both? Let your opinionated flag fly right here with our front office confidence survey.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On March 31st, 1998, Mark McGwire hits the first of his historic seventy home runs.