The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a roundup of everything going around in the American League Central.
- Giants starter Johnny Cueto isn’t thinking about the fact he could opt-out of his deal at the end of the season, according to MLB.com’s Chris Haft.
- Mets outfielder Jay Bruce didn’t think he would be back with New York in 2017, according to USA Today’s Bob Nightengale.
- Rougned Odor and the Rangers haven’t gained much ground on an extension.
- Lorenzo Cain, an impending free agent, is open to an extension with the Royals.
- Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria is expected to sell the team before the end of the year, according to Barry Jackson of The Miami Herald.
- Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs didn’t have much success in his first outing of the spring.
- Trevor Rosenthal is competing for a spot in the Cardinals rotation, but it’s unlikely he earns one, according to Derrick Goold of The St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- Todd Frazier could return Wednesday, according to CSN Chicago’s Dan Hayes.
- Royals outfielder Brandon Moss has been plagued by back stiffness, according to Rustin Dodd of The Kansas City Star.
- The Orioles signed right-hander Steve Johnson to a minor league deal, according to MASN.com’s Roch Kubatko.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2005, a new ownership group took over the Athletics.