The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a roundup of everything going around in the National League Central.
- Red Sox fans, don’t panic. The David Price news is not the worst thing in the world.
- The Yankees are currently taking offers for Rob Refsnyder, because I guess they wanna get a jump on liquidating the team.
- Rougned Odor and the Rangers haven’t gained much ground on an extension.
- Lorenzo Cain, an impending free agent, is open to an extension with the Royals.
- Is 2017 really going to be the year of the Houston Astros or is that just what we’re saying about the 29 teams as well?
- There are no current talks between Eric Hosmer and the Royals, so we’re feeling a little nervous over here.
- ICYMI: Mets prospect Luis Guillorme is probably a ninja in disguise.
- EVERYONE TO THEIR BATTLE STATIONS! There might actually be some progress on this whole pace of play mess.
- Jose Abreu’s story is much more than a quirky tweet about him eating a passport.
- Royals outfielder Brandon Moss has been plagued by back stiffness, according to Rustin Dodd of The Kansas City Star.
- THE WORLD BASEBALL CLASSIC IS HERE!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On March 7th, 2006, in their World Baseball Classic debut, Team USA shuts down Mexico, 2-0. Both Derrek Lee and Chipper Jones homer in the game.