The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a roundup of everything going around in the American League East.
- Mariners players hire a mariachi band to follow around Leonys Martin all day and suddenly I want to be on the Mariners?
- The Yankees are currently taking offers for Rob Refsnyder, because I guess they wanna get a jump on liquidating the team.
- Rougned Odor and the Rangers haven’t gained much ground on an extension.
- It’s only a few days into March and the Dodgers are already accumulating injuries.
- Is 2017 really going to be the year of the Houston Astros or is that just what we’re saying about the 29 teams as well?
- There are no current talks between Eric Hosmer and the Royals, so we’re feeling a little nervous over here.
- ICYMI: Mets prospect Luis Guillorme is probably a ninja in disguise.
- Will the real Eduardo Rodriguez please stand up.
- Jose Abreu’s story is much more than a quirky tweet about him eating a passport.
- Even Brad Ausmus admits that the Tigers needs some improvement.
- THE WORLD BASEBALL CLASSIC IS HERE!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On March 8th, 2011, Kim Ng is named by MLB as the Senior Vice-President of its baseball operations, making her the highest-ranking woman in the major leagues. Boom. Mic drop.