Cincinnati has claimed outfielder Tyler Goeddel from the Phillies, immediately optioning him to Triple-A Louisville. This move comes on the heels of Anthony DeSclafani’s move from the 10-day disabled list, to the 40-day to make a roster spot available. While Goeddel’s slash line is an anemic 192/.258/.291, the 23-year old has a lot to develop and will give the Reds a decent addition of outfield depth. Hopefully his time in Triple-A will prime him perfectly to bolster Cincy’s defense.
Here’s the latest from around the National League Central:
- With a walk-off from Starling Marte, the Pirates have swept the Braves.
- Opening Day at Wrigley is tomorrow! Fill your spirit with Chicago baseball joy right here.
- Bronson Arroyo did not have such a great return to the mound against the Cardinals.
- Will the Cardinals ever have a good fourth outfielder...ever?
- Trevor Rosenthal is close to joining Cardinals bullpen.
- Milwaukee Brewers have designated Damien Magnifico for assignment and in turn called up David Goforth.
- Gerrit Cole has some scores to settle this season and is showing the NL Central that he’s a force to be reckoned with.
- What to snag a photo with the World Series trophy? Here’s a guide to getting a precious baseball memory while the trophy is on display at Wrigley.
- Can Rookie Davis make a significant impact in the Reds’ rotation this season?
- The West Virginia minor league affiliate for the Pirates is already looking to produce a promising crop of new arms.
- When it’s time for Yadi to retire, will the Cardinals make sure no bird in St. Louis will ever wear #4 again?
- Keon Broxton leaves Brewers game after taking pitch to face...and came out incredibly unscathed, thanks to his helmet. Wear your brain buckets, kiddos.