The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a look at what’s happening around the National League West.
- The Orioles acquired Miguel Castro from the Rockies, adding to their pitching depth.
- Melvin Upton Jr. has signed a minor-league deal with the Giants.
- Take a look at how players who joined new teams this season are performing through the first week of 2017.
- Gary Sanchez has been sent to the 10-day DL with no timeframe yet of when he’ll be back.
- Pirates fans can play Super Mario Bros. on new right field LED screen so excuse us while we book our next road-trip.
- Tampa Bay released right-hander Cory Rasmus on Friday, according to Marc Topkin of The Tampa Bay Times.
- It took him 14 pitches (!!!), but Felix Hernandez struck Mike Trout out in the at bat and trust us, you have to see it.
- That Tim Tebow homer was much deeper than you thought.
- Also, he just hit a second one.
- Houston Astros’ pitcher Collin McHugh will officially be out six weeks due to an elbow injury.
- Yadier Molina got a baseball stuck to his chest protector and yeah we’re getting some Iron Man vibes too.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On April 10th, 1962, Wally Post hits the first home run in Dodger Stadium history.