The Blue Jays have claimed switch hitter Ty Kelly from the Mets. Kelly has spent eight seasons in the minors with the Mets being the only team he’s played in the majors for. During those 40 games, Kelly slashed .237/.347/.339 and blooping a single home run. The 28-year old has run the gambit on playing positions, spending time at second, third, and even in the outfield. He’ll give Toronto some depth and versatility playing in Triple-A Buffalo.
Here’s what else is happening in the American League East:
- The Red Sox have placed Jackie Bradley on the 10-day disabled list after he sustained a knee injury during Saturday’s game.
- Is fixing Blake Snell really that easy?
- Who is your favorite very bad Yankee?
- The Orioles activate Wade Miley and place Joey Rickard on the disabled list.
- Josh Donaldson was pulled from the Jays game on Sunday due to calf tightness.
- The flu is tearing through the Red Sox like wildfire.
- Daniel Roberts got his first major league hit on Saturday.
- With Gary Sanchez doing a brief stint on the DL, here’s the case for Kyle Higashioka as the everyday catcher.
- Dear Orioles: Don’t forget to use your bench more, please and thank you.
- Toronto has placed J.P. Howell on the disabled list and recalled Dominic Leone.
- Boston has called up Marco Hernandez to the major-league roster.
- What do Francisco Liriano and Andy Pettitte have in common? More than you’d think.
- Pinstripe Alley sat down to talk with David and Danny Mantle, sons of Mickey Mantle, and you’re going to want to check out how awesome it is.
- This post has both everything and nothing to do with Manny Machado. Just read it.