The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a look at what’s happening around the National League Central.
- The Braves sign Jason Motte to minor-league deal.
- Take a look at how players who joined new teams this season are performing through the first week of 2017.
- Detroit has optioned pitcher Bruce Rondon and have called up Joe Jimenez.
- Gary Sanchez has been sent to the 10-day DL with no timeframe yet of when he’ll be back.
- Pirates fans can play Super Mario Bros. on new right field LED screen so excuse us while we book our next road-trip.
- Jackie Bradley Jr. will head to the 10-day DL for a knee injury he sustained in the Red Sox game on Saturday.
- It took him 14 pitches (!!!), but Felix Hernandez struck Mike Trout out in the at bat and trust us, you have to see it.
- That Tim Tebow homer was much deeper than you thought.
- Also, he just hit a second one.
- Yordano Ventura’s mother threw out the 1st pitch of the Royals’ home opener and there was not a dry eye in the house. Rest in peace, Ace.
- Houston Astros’ pitcher Collin McHugh will officially be out six weeks due to an elbow injury.
- Wil Myers hit for the cycle yesterday because a lot of really cool things can happen in the one week of baseball being back.
Spring Training Release Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On April 11th, 2010, Mike Leake becomes the first pitcher since Ariel Pieto (1995) to make his big league debut without ever spending a day in the minor leagues.