The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a look at what’s happening around the American League East.
- The Braves sign Jason Motte to minor-league deal.
- Take a look at how players who joined new teams this season are performing through the first week of 2017.
- Detroit has optioned pitcher Bruce Rondon and have called up Joe Jimenez.
- Gary Sanchez has been sent to the 10-day DL with no timeframe yet of when he’ll be back.
- The Orioles re-signed Michael Bourn.
- Jackie Bradley Jr. will head to the 10-day DL for a knee injury he sustained in the Red Sox game on Saturday.
- San Francisco places Buster Posey on 7-day DL because taking a shot like that to the head isn’t something you just rub some dirt on.
- If you shook a Magic Eight Ball and asked it if you should trust Dan Duquette it may or may not explode due to the pressure of having to answer.
- The Mariners send Jean Segura to disabled list.
- Yordano Ventura’s mother threw out the 1st pitch of the Royals’ home opener and there was not a dry eye in the house. Rest in peace, Ace.
- Well this can’t be good: The Braves will lose Matt Kemp to the dreaded 10-day DL.
- Wil Myers hit for the cycle on Monday because a lot of really cool things can happen in the one week of baseball being back.
- Don’t invite Martha Stewart to very pivotal moments, you never know how they could end.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On April 12th, 2002, Barry Bonds passes former Twin first baseman Harmon Killebrew on the all-time home run list.