The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a look at what’s happening around the American League Central.
- Adrian Beltre suffers a huge setback with a right calf strain.
- Take a look at how players who joined new teams this season are performing through the first week of 2017.
- Detroit has optioned pitcher Bruce Rondon and have called up Joe Jimenez.
- The Nationals send Stephen Drew to the disabled list.
- The Orioles re-signed Michael Bourn.
- The Tigers have signed James Loney to a minor-league deal.
- San Francisco places Buster Posey on 7-day DL because taking a shot like that to the head isn’t something you just rub some dirt on.
- If you shook a Magic Eight Ball and asked it if you should trust Dan Duquette it may or may not explode due to the pressure of having to answer.
- The Mariners send Jean Segura to disabled list.
- INTRODUCING THE CUBS VILLAINY METER!!!!
- Well this can’t be good: The Braves will lose Matt Kemp to the dreaded 10-day DL.
- Wil Myers hit for the cycle on Monday because a lot of really cool things can happen in the one week of baseball being back.
- Don’t invite Martha Stewart to very pivotal moments, you never know how they could end.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On April 13th, 1954, Willie Mays, who missed nearly two seasons due to military service, homers in his first game back.