The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a look at what’s going on around the National League East.
- The Nationals placed Stephen Drew on the disabled list, which is bad news for Washington’s bench.
- Cincinnati is “keeping an eye on” Cuban prospect Luis Robert, according to Zach Buchanan of The Cincinnati Enquirer.
- The Dodgers and Brewers remain in contact with regard to a Ryan Braun trade, according to MLB.com’s Jon Morosi.
- Baltimore designated right-hander Oliver Drake for assignment Thursday, the club announced.
- Carlos Correa is not currently interested in exploring an extension with the Astros, according to FanRag Sports’ Jon Heyman.
- Yankees prospect James Kaprielian will undergo season-ending Tommy John surgery next week, the team announced.
- Jason Kipnis will sit out a game after being hit by a pitch during a rehab contest, according to MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian.
- Red Sox left-hander David Price is about two weeks away from beginning a rehab assignment.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2015, Jon Lester attempted a pickoff throw for the first time in 65 appearances.