The Dodgers and Brewers continue to maintain an open dialogue with regard to a trade involving Ryan Braun, though a deal is not imminent, according to MLB.com’s Jon Morosi.
Braun has the ability to veto a trade as a result of his service time with the Brewers, but it’s unlikely the front office deals him without private discussions.
Braun, 33, is coming off a 2016 campaign during which he hit .305/.365/538 with 30 home runs and 91 RBIs. He’s hitting .214 through the first eight games of 2017.
Here’s the latest from around the National League West:
- The Giants don’t have a ton of left fielders to choose from, but they should probably do something about the situation sooner rather than later.
- Arizona doesn’t have one of the deepest rotations in baseball, but still, their starters should be able to turn in decent starts on a consistent basis.
- Things haven’t gone well for the Rockies offense through the first week and a half of play, but nobody is panicking-yet.
- Padres starter Luis Perdomo was placed on the 10-day disabled list with a shoulder injury, and he’ll miss a start as a result.
- The Dodgers have performed notably well after scoring early to this point in 2017.